Monday, April 07, 2008

pressure

I yelled at a guy two days ago.

I was at the helpdesk and this guy was having problems with his governmenal application form, and whatever I did, we could not find out what the problem was, so I suggested he go to the ministry again to ask about it, because this problem was obviously not from our side. He started complaining about how he'd been going back and forth all day (literally, from 9am to 1pm) and that he'll make us print it again no matter what.

That's when I lost it, I stood up and screamed at him, WHAT DO YOU MEAN NO MATTER WHAT ! IT'S NOT OUR FAULT OR PROBLEM ! WHAT DO YOU THINK I'M GONNA FORK OUT 200 DIRHAMS TO PRINT YOUR DOCUMENT !

He walked away, I sat down, instantly I felt so bad, I'm becoming a product of my environment, where I thought of the prioroty of the customer just a few days ago, I was yelling at customers now. I was not a happy chappie that day.

Yesterday I saw him again, he had to come to our service center because we have exclusive service right to Ajman. I saw him, and with him I saw a chance of redeeming myself, of being able to sleep better at night, so I went to him, shook his hand and hugged him, and apologised.

You would not believe how happy he became for being given respect, he apologised for his impatience with his, and I told him that it should be me who apologises, I gave him a complaint card and told him to write a complaint about me and that I woudl't hold it against it because it was his right. Alhumdulillah he didn't :)

SO ! yesterday I learned a lesson. Don't opress people just because you have a position of power, your conciousness, and more imporantly Allah will not forget it.

No comments: