Tuesday, April 04, 2006

burn outs

Alsalamu Alaikum

Burnout: an emotional state in which a person is faced with so many stressful situations that he/she run out of will power.

or as dictionary.com likes to put it "haustion of physical or emotional strength usually as a result of prolonged stress or frustration b : a person affected with burnout"

My dad always tells me that there is no such thing as burn out, and for most of the time I agreed with him, but you know how you think differently before burning out and while you're burnt out ? Well now I'm thinking again, I do think there is such a thing as burn out.

So this post isn't about anything specific, I don't even want to whine about anything, I just wanna write to feel better. thus spending my frustrations in non violent ways, no yelling at people, no throwing shoes etc...

earlier I had wanted to start an experiment with my writings, I would write little snippets of a story, not to tell the story, but to draw an emotion form the reader.

For example I would want the reader to feel fear, or a thrill, so I would try and describe the situation so well, the reader would feel like he/she is actually living it.

Or I would try and the reader feel saddness.
Or love.

or happiness, which at the present time I'd only be able to link to love.

I'm still thinking of this experiment, so keep an eye out for it.

I'm bidding on an time on ebay. and I have 15 minutes and 30 seconds left, so I think I'll write till then.

13 minutes.

It's raining outside now, heavily, I like it when it rains this heavy, only I wish I was home, with my wife. eating popcorn.

My friend asked about the reason for racism against muslims in Australia. I said that it goes back to the way muslims preresnt thier wasys of life as Islam, many of them don't do such a good job, stealing, being abusive, dirty, lazy etc...

He asked again whether the racism isn't all a pretext the government uses to push its agenda's overseas such as iraq and afghanistan,

I mentioned that it wasn't very hard for them at all to find pretexts, the problem was still that muslims are basically just like any other thirdworld person. I mean if we can fix ourselves first then we can have more to say to government if they are using racism as a pretext. but Allahu a3lam

6 minutes 14 seconds.

I have nothing to say. I wish I could travel to Dubai, it's a nice place with time of year, lots of sun, surf and indians.

Ok there is not alot of surf, but there is a heck of alot of indians.

the rain stipped, now everything looks wet and nice and ... wait, it's still raining, only now there is no wind. so it looks calmer.

3 MINUTES TO GO ! ! ! the caps lock was on by mistake

I probably shouldn't ramble on in my blog like this, it brings down the level of readabilty. but since am burned out, I don't care.

I should write a finishing story for my "the gift" story of the iraqi gangster, but I really can't think of a good ending for it, it looks ok now, but what if I write a crappy ending ! then the whole story will suck and I'll be pelted with preverbial tomatoes !

1 minute to go

23 seconds

12 seconds

5 seconds

I won the item ! yay ! ! !

alhumdulillah, I feel better now, thank you for taking the time to read my ... stuff.

walsalam

Nasser

No comments: