Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Teaser: Interview with Nuruddeen Lemu: The Boko Haram

EDIT: You can now listen to the whole interview HERE

When I first met Nuruddeen Lemu, I didn't know who he was. It was just the two of us so there was no one to tell me, and all he said was "assalamu alaikum, my name is Nuruddeen. Hal anta masry ?".

So that was his humility.

So the first half an hour of talking to him was quite surreal because there I was with a man who seemed to explode with brilliant insights and opinions, backed up by a wealth of Islamic and general knowledge, yet you could feel he carries the knowledge with respect and appreciation. He is not condescending with it, even though I know for a fact he could have taken me to town on a number of issues.

And that was his knowledge.

The half hour I spent interviewing him was a pleasure, and it made me kick myself for not having known him earlier.


This is just the bit about the Boko Haram. When I asked him about this issue I wasn't expecting him to have such indepth knowledge about it, though I should have remembered the old saying "أهل مكة أعلم بشعابها "

The full interview will be on out Friday Night Live show. Broadcasting live from QKradio this Friday 6th January at 8pm. Podcast available after.


Download the podcast here

No comments: