Saturday, January 02, 2010

twenty10

Every year that passes, I ask myself what I achieved, I remember there were some pretty sad years because of how little I could list, recently alhumdulillah things have been better, got a degree, got a job, got married, learned to be an amature photographer. all khair.

so what about 2009 ?

Highlight ?

1- I fired an employee for the first time, such a rush
2- Left UAE and returned to my beautiful Oz with the family.
3- Got my new camera, Canon 7D, my second wife.


Lowlight ? (I know it's not called lowlight but the only way I can blog is by doing quickly)

1- Quit my job : (


that's it.

Crazy adventures ?

1- had a number of dental emergencies, some of which required a trip to hospital emergency. That was fun.

2- Went to Bahrain.

3- Went to 12 Apostles.

4- Had a full on showdown with a racist guy who called my sister a terrorist in the middle of a shopping center.

Yep, a crazy interesting year. and now it's over, the first decade and all. alhumdulillah no one died and no one got hurt, and now i have Two nieces, i mean i had them before but i wasn't around to see them. and now I can.

So what now ? well it's 1am on Sunday the 3rd October, and i'm sitting here watching ep. 4 season 1 of "The wire", thinking and worrying and stressing about finding myself a job, so i can get myself a house, so i can start on stocking my kitchen and my bookshelf.

I bought a nice new diary today, should be the beginning of a good year inshallah.

good luck with yours

3 comments:

Ninnevah said...

dont you mean december?

Omar lahham said...

sounds like an interesting year you had bro,

am interested to know more about the racist guy :D

and i think u meant 3rd of January not October :)

Unknown said...

Thanks Omar, I did mean January.

Also, for more info about the racist guy incident, I draw your attention to http://ninnevah.blogspot.com/2010/01/enough-with-labellingplease.html